'Poem- The Squeaking Swing'




Poem - 'The Squeaking Swing'

As another lonely day begins, and the loop of routine initiates again,

As the exhaustion cycle repeats itself inside my brain,

I try to engage myself in something new,

But I just end up tying up my old worn-out shoe

 

My mind starts to pain with the load of the regular tedious schedule,

and suddenly my body starts moving on its own,

as It climbs up to the terrace,

And comforts itself on the squeaking swing

 

The swing starts driving back and forth,

My brain ache starts to disappear as snow does

The fresh cool breeze and the candied voice of the crow,

It is just the tranquillity my mind faces,

It is just the happiness I gather, from this squeaking swing,

as the old swing moves to and fro

- Aaryan Chhabra 






Popular posts from this blog

We just growed out of ourselves

Poem - 'The Dead Mind'

Poem - 'To Become Worthy of Acceptance'